What is it and why does it matter?
Xerte Online Toolkit (XOT) is a free Open Source tool developed by the Information Services team at the University of Nottingham. You can install Xerte on a server, you can also run Xerte from a memory stick or trial Xerte by using the Jisc TechDis sandbox. There is desktop version of Xerte you can download but it is not the same tool as Xerte Online Toolkits and is intended only for developers.
Jisc TechDis has supported development and dissemination of XOT in a range of different ways because:
- It allows staff with limited technical skills to create rich online content.
- It can be used:
- To support distance learning.
- To support collaborative creation and sharing of subject content.
- To support active classroom/lecture contexts, especially with interactive whiteboards.
- To support learners in being active content creators.
- It has a range of accessibility benefits (colour and font change, keyboard access and text to speech) built into it.
- Show me what Xerte looks like
- Show me how people are using Xerte
- How can I get started with Xerte
- Help me meet specific learner needs
- Monthly free webinars on using Xerte